Monthly Vipassana meditation weekend in Karunika, Meerhuizenplein 38, Amsterdam.
For meditators who have some prior experience of Vipassana meditation. Registration is required. The sessions will be guided by Aad Verboom.
This weekend offers the opportunity to practice intensively in order to purify your mind and look deeply within yourself to acquire new insights. The practice will consist primarily of sitting and walking meditation. After the meditation sessions, there will be ample time to evaluate and discuss how your personal experience compares with theory.
Combining practice with discussions will help you develop a better understanding of what mindfulness is and what it can bring to your formal practice and daily life.
- 9:45 – 10:00 Arrival and welcome
- 10:00 – 12:30 meditation session 1 (walking and sitting)
- 12:30 – 13:30 lunch – a vegetarian / vegan lunch is provided
- 13:30 – 15:30 meditation session 2 (walking and sitting)
- 15:30 – 16:00 pause for refreshments
- 16:00 – 17:00 meditation session 3 (sitting)
- 17:00 – 18:00 Q&A and Dhamma talk
- There is space for maximum 12 participants.
- You may also join for one day.
- In case the weekend is fully booked, you can ask to be placed on a waiting list.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. We can then invite the next person on the waiting list.
Please note the measures against Covid-19 / Corona
From our point of view on buddhist ethics Covid-19 is a risk for teachers and participants as well as for those present to contaminate others. In this we have chosen to follow the guidelines of the government. As of 11 march 2023 the government has ended all Corona measures. That is good news 😊. See https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/tackling-new-coronavirus-in-the-netherlands/preventing-respiratory-infections.
Currently, the advice is limited to preventing respiratory infections. Following the advice below helps limit the spread of viruses that cause respiratory infections. This helps protect everyone, including people with health concerns.
Coughing, sneezing, a sore throat and a stuffy or runny nose are signs of respiratory infection.
- Stay at home if you are ill.
- If your symptoms are mild, stay at home or do a selftest of good quality, with negative result and max 24 hours before the meditation activity. In case of doubt a new selftest is mandatory, which will be provided by Dhammadipa.
- If you have symptoms, avoid physical contact with people who could become seriously ill from a cold or flu virus. Wear a face mask if physical contact is necessary, for example, when providing care.
For questions and comments please mail email@example.com.
- The meditation weekend is being offered on the basis of dana (a voluntary contribution); with a suggested amount of € 35 per day.
- At the end of the day or weekend, there will also be the opportunity to donate extra for the meditation guidance and teachings.
- The dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113, mentioning ‘vipassana meditation weekend oktober 2023’.
- There is also a dana box so that you may offer dana in cash.