Vipassana meditation course based on the approach of ‘attention for the mind’, cittanupassana.
Registration is required. Guidance by Marc Heijmerink.
The course consists of 5 sessions. It will be given in English but it is also suitable for Dutch speakers with sufficient English knowledge. The course is suitable for meditators who have some prior experience of Vipassana meditation.
The course is inspired by the approach of Sayadaw U Tejaniya. Meditation is an activity of the mind, in his words. We meditate with the mind, not with our body and actually all foundations are to be found in our mind. Our problems as well as the solution to our problems are found in the mind.
In the Satipatthana sutta the 4 foundations of mindfulness are mentioned: mindfulness on the body, feeling, mind and dhamma’s. In the course there will be instructions on the means to use the mind as a foundation of mindfulness. Themes that will be addressed will be: preference / aversion and ignorance in the mind, right insight, relaxation in meditation, right effort and investigation in meditation.
- 5 Wednesday evenings, from 10 November to 15 December, from 19:00 until 21:00 hrs.
- Starting from 1 December the course will be given online, with Zoom.
- Maximum 10 participants. You can register via the website, Registration – Dhammadipa.
- When the course is fully booked, you can sign up for the waiting list.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. We can then invite the next person on the waiting list.
Please note the measures against Covid-19 / Corona
From our point of view on buddhist ethics Covid-19 is a risk for teachers and participants as well as for those present to contaminate others. We have therefore chosen to limit access to physical activities to those who can show themselves to be protected. This according to the measures of the Dutch government (https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-certificate).
If you wish to join, make sure you can show the Corona check app with the QR code. Also, you may show the ‘yellow book’, filled in by the GGD or your general practitioner.
We are aware of the fact that in this way proof of protection against Covid-19 does not include proof from ‘alternative’ or ‘non-regular’ medicine. We hope that this will be possible in the near future. For questions and comments please e-mail email@example.com.
- Costs: € 75 for the course (fixed price).
- At the end of the course, there will also be the opportunity to donate extra for the meditation guidance and teachings.
- The dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113, mentioning ‘vipassana meditation weekend september 2021’ .
- There is also a dana box so that you may offer dana in cash.