Vipassana Introduction Course in English, with Aad Verboom.
The course is suitable for all those living in Amsterdam and the surrounding area, who are interested in getting acquainted with the practice of Vipassana meditation.
Registration is required.
The course is based on the approach of the late Mahasi Sayadaw and will allow the student to understand the difference between calm-directed meditation and wisdom-directed meditation. Vipassana, which is frequently described as Insight Meditation, is typically a wisdom-directed approach.
During the 5 sessions, the meditation student will practice standing, sitting, walking and moving exercises to gradually develop temporary concentration based on mindfulness of the body, feelings, consciousness and mind objects. The central focus of these exercises is to generate a heightened sense of awareness and alertness of what is experienced by the body and mind from moment to moment, at any moment.
In general, the practice will help the student to accept reality as it is, to develop patience, endurance and determination.
Venue for all sessions is Karunika, Meerhuizenplein 38, Amsterdam.
This course is also suitable for Dutch speakers with sufficient English knowledge.
- 7 Wednesday evenings, from 30 March to 18 May, from 19:00 until 21:00
- Course material is handed during classes.
- Maximum 10 participants. You can register via the website, Registration – Dhammadipa.
- When the course is fully booked, you can sign up for the waiting list.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. We can then invite the next person on the waiting list.
Please note the measures against Covid-19 / Corona
From our point of view on buddhist ethics Covid-19 is a risk for teachers and participants as well as for those present to contaminate others. We have therefore chosen to limit access to physical activities to those who can show themselves to be protected. This according to the measures of the Dutch government (https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-certificate).
If you wish to join, make sure you can show the Corona check app with the QR code. Also, you may show the ‘yellow book’, filled in by the GGD or your general practitioner.
We are aware of the fact that in this way proof of protection against Covid-19 does not include proof from ‘alternative’ or ‘non-regular’ medicine. We hope that this will be possible in the near future. For questions and comments please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Costs: € 75 for the course (fixed price).
- At the end of the course, there will also be the opportunity to donate extra for the meditation guidance and teachings.
- The dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113, mentioning ‘vic March 2022’ .
- There is also a dana box so that you may offer dana in cash.