The meditation weekend is suitable for all those living in Amsterdam and the surrounding area, who are interested in getting acquainted with or deepen their practice of Vipassana meditation.
Registration is required. Guidance by Marc Heijmerink, one of the teachers of Dhammadipa.
The Vipassana meditation weekend is based on the approach of ‘attention for the mind’, cittanupassana and inspired by the approach of Sayadaw U Tejaniya.
Meditation is an activity of the mind, in his words. We meditate with the mind, not with our body and actually all foundations are to be found in our mind. Our problems as well as the solution to our problems are found in the mind.
In the Satipatthana sutta the 4 foundations of mindfulness are mentioned: mindfulness on the body, feeling, mind and dhamma’s. In the weekend there will be instructions on the means to use the mind as a foundation of mindfulness. Themes that will be addressed will be: preference / aversion and ignorance in the mind, right insight, relaxation in meditation, right effort and investigation in meditation.
Venue for all sessions is Karunika, Meerhuizenplein 38, Amsterdam.
- 9:45 – 10:00 Arrival and welcome
- 10:00 – 12:30 meditation session 1 (walking and sitting)
- 12:30 – 13:30 lunch – a vegetarian / vegan lunch is provided
- 13:30 – 15:30 meditation session 2 (walking and sitting)
- 15:30 – 16:00 pause for refreshments
- 16:00 – 17:00 meditation session 3 (sitting)
- 17:00 – 18:00 Q&A and Dhamma talk
- There is space for maximum 12 participants.
- You may also join for one day.
- In case the weekend is fully booked, you can ask to be placed on a waiting list.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. We can then invite the next person on the waiting list.
Please note the measures against Covid-19 / Corona
From our point of view on buddhist ethics Covid-19 is a risk for teachers and participants as well as for those present to contaminate others. In this we have chosen to follow the guidelines of the government. As of 11 march 2023 the government has ended all Corona measures. That is good news 😊. See https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/tackling-new-coronavirus-in-the-netherlands/preventing-respiratory-infections.
Currently, the advice is limited to preventing respiratory infections. Following the advice below helps limit the spread of viruses that cause respiratory infections. This helps protect everyone, including people with health concerns.
Coughing, sneezing, a sore throat and a stuffy or runny nose are signs of respiratory infection.
- Stay at home if you are ill.
- If your symptoms are mild, stay at home or do a selftest of good quality, with negative result and max 24 hours before the meditation activity. In case of doubt a new selftest is mandatory, which will be provided by Dhammadipa.
- If you have symptoms, avoid physical contact with people who could become seriously ill from a cold or flu virus. Wear a face mask if physical contact is necessary, for example, when providing care.
For questions and comments please mail email@example.com.
- The meditation weekend is being offered on the basis of dana (a voluntary contribution); with a suggested amount of € 35 per day.
- At the end of the day or weekend, there will also be the opportunity to donate extra for the meditation guidance and teachings.
- The dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113, mentioning ‘vipassana meditation weekend september october 2023’.
- There is also a dana box so that you may offer dana in cash.