Monthly Vipassana meditation weekend in Karunika, Meerhuizenplein 38, Amsterdam.
For meditators who have some prior experience of Vipassana meditation. Registration is required. The sessions will be guided by Aad Verboom.
This weekend offers the opportunity to practice intensively in order to purify your mind and look deeply within yourself to acquire new insights. The practice will consist primarily of sitting and walking meditation. After the meditation sessions, there will be ample time to evaluate and discuss how your personal experience compares with theory.
Combining practice with discussions will help you develop a better understanding of what mindfulness is and what it can bring to your formal practice and daily life.
- 9:45 – 10:00 Arrival and welcome
- 10:00 – 12:30 meditation session 1 (walking and sitting)
- 12:30 – 13:30 lunch – a vegetarian / vegan lunch is provided
- 13:30 – 15:30 meditation session 2 (walking and sitting)
- 15:30 – 16:00 pause for refreshments
- 16:00 – 17:00 meditation session 3 (sitting)
- 17:00 – 18:00 Q&A and Dhamma talk
- There is space for maximum 12 participants.
- You may also join for one day.
- In case the weekend is fully booked, you can ask to be placed on a waiting list.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. We can then invite the next person on the waiting list.
Please note the measures against Covid-19 / Corona
From our point of view on buddhist ethics Covid-19 is a risk for teachers and participants as well as for those present to contaminate others. We have therefore chosen to limit access to physical activities to those who can show themselves to be protected. This according to the measures of the Dutch government (https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-certificate).
If you wish to join, make sure you can show the Corona check app with the QR code. Alternatively, you may show the ‘yellow book’, filled in by the GGD or your general practitioner. Also, you may show a PCR test with negative result done no longer than 36 hours before the event.
We are aware of the fact that in this way proof of protection against Covid-19 does not include proof from ‘alternative’ or ‘non-regular’ medicine. We hope that this will be possible in the near future. For questions and comments please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, the government has considerably reduced the Corona measures, but there is still a very high number of contagions. Therefore Dhammadipa chooses to continue the current policy for now.
- The meditation weekend is being offered on the basis of dana (a voluntary contribution); with a suggested amount of € 35 per day.
- At the end of the day or weekend, there will also be the opportunity to donate extra for the meditation guidance and teachings.
- The dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113, mentioning ‘vipassana meditation weekend november 2022’.
- There is also a dana box so that you may offer dana in cash.