Vipassana Introduction Course in English
The course is suitable for all those living in Amsterdam and the surrounding area, who are interested in getting acquainted with the practice of Vipassana meditation.
The course is based on the approach of the late Mahasi Sayadaw and will allow the student to understand the difference between calm-directed meditation and wisdom-directed meditation. Vipassana, which is frequently described as Insight Meditation, is typically a wisdom-directed approach.
During the 5 sessions, the meditation student will practice standing, sitting, walking and moving exercises to gradually develop temporary concentration based on mindfulness of the body, feelings, consciousness and mind objects. The central focus of these exercises is to generate a heightened sense of awareness and alertness of what is experienced by the body and mind from moment to moment, at any moment.
In general, the practice will help the student to accept reality as it is, to develop patience, endurance and determination.
Venue for all sessions is Karunika, Meerhuizenplein 38, Amsterdam.
This course is also suitable for Dutch speakers with sufficient English knowledge.
- Teacher Aad Verboom replacing Dhammuttamo – Adi Ichsan.
- 5 Wednesday evenings, from 22 September to 20 October , from 19:00 until 21:00
- € 75 for the course (fixed price) + dana (donation by generosity for the instruction).
- Course material is handed during classes.
- Maximum 8 participants. When the course is fully booked, you can sign up for the waiting list.
- Participants should have had Covid-19 Vaccination and are free from Covid-19 symptoms.
- Participants who do not meet the our Covid-19 standards can only join the sessions by online streaming.
The payment for the course and dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113, mentioning ‘Vipassana introduction course September 2021’.