City retreat Vipassana meditation, 4 days, at home.
This retreat offers the opportunity to practice intensively in order to purify your mind and look deeply within yourself to acquire new insights. The practice will consist primarily of sitting and walking meditation. After the meditation sessions, there will be ample time to evaluate and discuss how your personal experience compares with theory.
Combining practice with discussions will help you develop a better understanding of what mindfulness is and what it can bring to your formal practice and daily life.
Online meditation using Zoom
- The meditation and the discussions will be hosted on the online video conferencing app Zoom.
- There is space for maximum 12 participants. In case the city retreat is fully booked, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- The sessions on both days will run from 10:00-18:00.
- Organize your day at home, create time and space.
- 9:45 – 10:00 join the Zoom meeting
- 10:00 Welcome and a simple explanation how we may best use Zoom
- 10:30 – 12:30 Meditation block 1
- 12:30 – 13:30 Break – lunch
- 13:30 – 15:30 Meditation block 2
- 15:30 – 16:00 Break – refreshments
- 16:00 – 17:00 Meditation block 3
- 17:00 – 18:00 / 18:30 Dhamma talk and Q&A
- The city retreat is being offered on the basis of dana (a voluntary contribution), with a suggested amount of € 80 for the full four days. With participation of 1, 2 or 3 days the suggested amount is € 25 per day.
- At the end of the weekend, there will also be the opportunity to donate extra for the meditation guidance and teachings.
- The dana can be offered via a bank transfer to the Dhammadipa, Amsterdam account number NL85 INGB 0005019113.